Search engine optimization is important because it improves the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines. Do you want to put your website in the high ranking? Here are some tips you have to consider:
Website Optimization = Content + Links = High Ranking
1. How Google Measures Link Popularity
Higher link popularity scores = Higher search engine ranking
Link popularity is by far the most important factor for determining your search engine ranking. You need to know what link popularity is, why it is so important, and how Google measures your link popularity (over 50% of all search engine traffic comes from Google, and if you can get to the top of Google, you will raise to the top of the others search engines as well).
Link popularity – the number of links (votes) that SE have for your site.
Here is a link for a good tool that measures the link popularity from SE’s. It shows you the link popularity from Google Yahoo and MSN and lets you to see the history report so you to figure out the rise of your site.
Consistency is the key. It is a fact that as more and more articles are added to article directories, your article will go lower in the listings, but if you constantly and consistently submit new articles, then you will continue to reap the benefits. Making articles is a great way to build up the link popularity of your website. It gives you life-time links.
• Always close your articles off with a link to your site which is relevant to the copy of the article. Hyperlink the keyword with your url. For example:
“Johnny Brown is an expert in affiliate marketing. Visit his site for more online marketing tips.”
3. Control Your Words.
“Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts”.
This does not apply to our situation. In the Meta Tags, you must count every word and every keyword. Use a tool like this one to count the characters from your Meta tags.”
4. Optimize the Title Tag
• Include 1-2 of your most important keyword phrases in the title tag, but don’t just list keywords.
If you just list keywords, you risk being viewed as spamming the search engines which can ultimately lead to you being blacklisted and not included at all.
• Your title tag should include your keyword phrases within a readable sentence to avoid this problem.
• Make your title appealing to humans!
Don’t forget that even if you get that top listing in the search engines, our listing still needs to say something that makes the surfer want to click your link and visit your site.
• Since the length of your title tag could cause some engines to crop it, we suggest place the keywords at the beginning of the tag when possible to decrease the risk of having them cut off.
Each page of your site should have its own title tag with its own keywords that relate to the page that it appears on.
5. Optimize the Meta Description Tag
• Give appropriate descriptions (as some search engines display this description in the search result), make it more appropriate to your site. Put only targeted keywords in description. Do not stuff the description with more keywords. Restrict the number of words in this tag to 10 to 15 words.
• Place the most important phrases at the start of the description, so, even if any search engine omits some part of the description, the important phrases will be displayed.
6. Optimize the Meta Keywords Tag
The importance of Meta Tags is debated these days. So this is an optional extra.
• Include only the keywords that appear in the body text, and no more than 5-7 keywords. Add alternate spelling of words (including typos) and synonyms of those keywords.
You can see more information, by clicking here: SEO – Search Engine Optimization